Customer Has Issue Emailing Us

in Here is your first Forum Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:08 pm
by JensenBreck • 154 Posts

One of our customers has a problem emailing us, this came to my attention when emailed them from our ticketed support system and they called to say that they couldn't reply - there replies generated return emails from "mlsrvr.com" with a 550 5.7.1 error saying the relay was denied due to security policy. I asked her to email my personal company address and the message went to the junk email folder.

We have a hosted exchange server with Rackspace.

I have confirmed that mlsvr.com is a Rackspace mail server, ruling out the relay issue being a local failure on the customer's end.

I spoke with the boss and he said he had to manually whitelist the customer so that they could email him previously, so this is not a new issue. I used a web-based RBL checker on the customer's domain and they don't seem to be on any of the major RBLs (I used anti-abuse.org's multi-rbl-check and they were all clear).

Content wise, the customer's email that was bouncing/being sent to spam is unremarkable and resembles a usual software support request with nothing I can see that would capture the attention of baysian spam filters (the customer's first name is uncommon, but I do not think that should be significant).

What should we do to ensure that this customer can email us through any of our email addresses?

Please help....

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.
References
https://community.rackspace.com/products/f/28/t/5142
intro videos

Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 5 Guests are online.:
linxiaoxue

We welcome our newest member: MadelayneDouglass
Board Statistics
The forum has 15797 topics and 20154 posts.