just started slightly and then got stronger and stronger, said Susan Lowe, an LDS missionary in the visitors center. scratchy throat, then the alarm went off. Lake City firefighters said a chemical cloud moved through the ventilation system, sickening about 50 people.
Firefighters said Terrell Suggs Jersey a janitor poured chlorine into an empty container that still had remnants of sulfuric acid still inside. The remnant of the acid and the chlorine mixed to create thionyl chloride.
Thionyl chloride is described as a sometimes colorless, fuming liquid with a suffocating odor. In some cases, it can be lethal.
ten people have had symptoms of coughing, some burning and a little bit of nausea, said Asay. worker, Jimmy Smith Youth Jersey the janitor who combined the chemicals was one of the ten. He had the worst symptoms but they were all transported in minor condition. about an hour, Temple Square and surrounding streets were re opened.