For the rest of the time th

in Here is your first Forum Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:35 am
by lluggg587 • 6 Posts

Mahogany's at the Banks

After making reservations for 2:30 on a Sunday afternoon, we arrived on time. The server took our drink order, then our food order with no issues until he came back to say they were out of one of the sides. An hour and a half later, when our food finally shows up, it is cold. Not one dish, but everyones. The employees had all been more interested in the Bengals game on tv than servicing their customers. They offered us the choice of a free desert OR 25% off our bill. Upon tasting the bland, flavor less food (not to mention the pork chop was like jerky) we opted to just send it back and call it a night. Very disappointed since we drove over an hour to get there. Eat at your own risk, cold food isn't just poor service, it is also dangerous as far as food safety is concerned! The manager only came to our table after we decided not to eat.

I went there for a friend of mines birthday dinner. When we got there they were hosting some type of event. So we were told that every table they had was reserved at the moment until the show started at 10pm, so we had to wait 45 min THEN pay the $10 cover charge for the event, since we couldnt be seated until the event started. So we waited about an half hour, no one offered us drinks or anything then the hostess told us the cover was $15 so we decided to leave. The manager convinced us to stay but the hostess was very rude and basically said "I took your name off the list cause I thought yall was leaving!" The manager only offered to buy a drink for the www.officialnbasite.com/danny-green-jersey-c-1_120_565.html friend he was trying to flirt with even though there were a group of us; as if she was the only one being offended. Not one person there was nice to us they were not friendly at all, and the service was piss poor. I will NOT be going back there to give them another chance to ruin a good night. I had heard rumors about their poor customer service but after seeing it first hand I will NEVER return. Very upsetting.

I think those who have made good comments about this place are owners/employees of this establishment. My husband and I ate there with our three year old daughter and some friends on Sunday before the Reds game. We should've known not to choose this place when we walked in at 11:45 and the place was empty. Every other place around was packed. The service was terrible. Our waiter got in to an argument with another waiter about a high chair, right in front of us. He then proceeded to tell us how one of his tables got up and left because he kept them waiting to long and flipped him off on the way out of the restaurant!! Long story short, we were made to feel unwelcome, and we won't be back.

Atmosphere and company are great. The food is strongly over priced, food selection is limited, could stand to add a few more items and the food lacks good flavorful spicying. I sooooo want this restaurant to succeed. I was a silent supporter in the nasty battle she had to endure. Visited the hamilton location several times. Please listen to your constuctive critics and make changes appropiately. It's time to kick it up a notch or two because "All Eyes are on YOU" Thanks for opening up this restaurant at the Banks and wish you all success. May god continue to bless you.

2 out of 2 found this review helpful

My colleague and I visited on a Sunday around 3:30pm. We ordered our food just before 4 and didn't get our food until almost 5:30. We were sitting at the bar with dozens of employees around us and no one asked if we were okay, brought us bread, or apologized for waiting over an hour. The manager screwed us by saying he'd take 30% off but only took of 20% and THEN added gratuity to our bill which was more than the 20% he took off! My dressing was officialnbasite.com/danny-green-jersey-c-1_120_565.html cold. I could go on for days. OVER PRICED, HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE, FOOD IS JUST OKAY. Go if you don't mind waiting forever for poor service.

1 out of 1 found this review helpful

I can't write about the food because after sitting at our table for an hour the only thing ON the table was glasses of water. The restaurant Kawhi Leonard Spurs Jersey was half empty and they couldn't even put out a salad and a bowl of the soup of the day. We could see into the kitchen and saw many of the staff standing around talking and seeming to hang out. We finally just left and went to another restaurant where they happily and quickly served us food and drinks. Will never go back not worth a second chance.

1 out of 1 found this review helpful

The expectations were very high when I met some of my family for lunch at Mahogany's. The place appeared clean and the atmosphere was pleasant. I was surprised that there was only one other party dining there at the time, I thought it would be packed.

I ordered the catfish dinner with fried potatoes onions, and fried corn as sides. I picked through each potato looking for an onion and to my dismay there was not one onion to be found! The fried corn was cold and lacked flavor.

I was very disappointed and will never waste my money there again.

7 out of 8 found this review helpful

The menu was very limited and not very creative/exciting. Mediocre over priced southern style food. Better hope you like grits, because they come with almost everything on the menu. The "grilled" wings tasted like they were deep fried, and lacked the grilled flavor. The sauces were so salty that they were borderline inedible. The beer selection was also sub par. Budweiser Miller products)

What a waste of the city's (tax payer) $1,000,000 to open this place. Hopefully they are gone in a year and something better opens in its location.

6 out of 7 found this review helpful

I went to Mahogany's on 2/16/13. This was a Friday evening. It was my cousin's 21st birthday and we had a whopping 12 people. Is a party of 12 a huge group? The management and staff at Mahogany's had no problem verbalizing the fact that they would have trouble accommodating such a large party. We were told that the table has a 2 hour minimum as if we were there to loiter. I was very offended by that. We had to share the menus because no one ever did bring us enough for each of us to have one.

Our twelfth family member arrived a little later than the rest of the family but not before we ordered. The waitress insisted that she could not spare one more chair for our table. There were a few empty tables (entire tables) in the restaurant. Still the waitress insisted that she had not one more chair. At this point 3 out of town family members who had driven all day decided to throw in the towel. They left and I wish I would have followed their lead and left as well. But we stayed because. more >I went to Mahogany's on 2/16/13. This was a Friday evening. It was my cousin's 21st birthday and we had a whopping 12 people. Is a party of 12 a huge group? The management and staff at Mahogany's had no problem verbalizing the fact that they would have trouble accommodating such a large party. We were told that the table has a 2 hour minimum as if we were there to loiter. I was very offended by that. We had to share the menus because no one ever did bring us enough for each of us to have one.

Our twelfth family member arrived a little later than the rest of the family but not before we ordered. The waitress insisted that she could not spare one more chair for our table. There were a few empty tables (entire tables) in the restaurant. Still the waitress insisted that she had not one more chair. At this point 3 out of town family members who had driven all day decided to throw in the towel. They left and I wish I would have followed their lead and left as well. But we stayed because it was my cousin's birthday after all. We all wanted to try and make the best of it for him.

For the rest of the time the wait staff was snippy and rude. The food was very slow Kawhi Leonard Jersey to arrive and lack luster when it did. I could go on but the mediocrity of the food was completely overshadowed by the bad service. As we endured the long wait for our food to arrive I ponder this though. Does waiting an hour for food get tacked on to that 2 hour time clock, I wonder.

On my way out I stopped the manager for a word. I shared with him the concerns that I heard my family express during the evening.

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 10 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: hsdjkbmbulNM369
Board Statistics
The forum has 10915 topics and 13892 posts.